In this project. we will write an international idioms dictionary; first by categorizing them in subjects such as food, weather, body parts etc. in mother languages, defining them in English and spotting similarities and differences between the two cultures and languages. In the end; with all the inputs from the partner school, we are going to write an idioms dictionary with illustrations and definitions in it.
- Materias: Lenguas extranjeras, Lengua y literatura
- Idiomas: English, español
- Edad de los alumnos: 14 - 17
- Herramientas a utilizar: e-mail, Other software (Powerpoint, video, pictures and drawings)
- Objetivos: the aim of this project is to see how different cultures use different subjects in their vocabulary as idioms. Students will explore foreign language as well as their own language by seeing cultural differences and similarities and also practicing English
- Proceso de trabajo: We will create the dictionary step by step.First, students will search for idioms categorized in certain subject such as food, weather, parts of body in their own language. Second step is to define ea ... [mostrar todo]
- Resultados esperados:a chance to practice their language skills and work in a team; create their own work at the end of the project writing their own dictionary with their own illustrations